Clojure, ClojureScript and Why They’re Awesome
Clojure is great. It’s not just one of the best designed languages that came out recently – it simple, easy, expressive, powerful and very enjoyable. It even brings LISP into the 21st century with zero legacy and awkwardness. This talk will get into the interesting features of Clojure – the immutable data structures, the software transactional memory, the macro system, etc. By the end, you’ll have a good understanding of why should you care about it.
Who is it for?
What is Clojure, what’s interesting about it and how to start with it.
- The immutable data structure
- Concurrency with Software Transactional Memory
- Writing expressive code with macros
- The so-called “REPL-Oriented Programming”
- ClojureScript and why it rocks 😉
General programming experience